Dustin L. Vaughan,
PMD, MSOM, Dipl. O.M. (NCCAOM)®, A.P.
Dr. Vaughan is an NCCAOM National Board Certified Diplomate of Oriental Medicine and licensed Acupuncture Physician. He received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Professional Health Studies and a Master of Science Degree in Oriental Medicine (MSOM) from the Florida College of Integrative Medicine.
- Florida State Paramedic (PMD)
- NCCAOM Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (Dipl.O.M.)
- Florida State Acupuncturist (A.P.)
- NCCAOM Chinese Herbal Compounding & Safety (CHCS)
- Acupuncture Point Injection Therapy (APIT)
- Reiki Master-Teacher
- FMT Blades: Advanced – Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)
- FMT Movement Specialist, Advanced
- Fascial Movement Taping (FMT), Advanced
- Sports Nutrition
Member of Florida State Oriental Medical Association (FSOMA) and American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
A message from Dr. Vaughan about his background and philosophy:
I am a paramedic with experience in emergency departments, trauma centers, and the fire service. After 15+ years practicing emergency medicine, I retired from the fire service to pursue a dream of blending my experience in western medicine with eastern medicine to provide an integrative, holistic approach to health and wellness.
I chose to focus my practice on movement and sports medicine, leveraging my knowledge and experience as both an athlete and a coach. For years, I competed in CrossFit and in the Firefighter Combat Challenge, and I know what it means to strive for health and wellness as an athlete and what it requires to recover from injury. I have had my fair share of injuries, and I am sure I can relate to what you’re going through!
I enjoy working with athletes and providing healthcare to help them achieve their goals, maintain wellness, and recover from injury and trauma to perform at their best. However, my practice is not exclusive to athletes because injuries and the need for mobility are not exclusive to athletes. My background and certifications emphasize movement and mobility, which can be a concern for anyone at any age.
In addition to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), which includes acupuncture and herbology, my scope of practice includes, but is not limited to:
- Nutraceutical injection therapy
- Facial rejuvenation
- Energy work (Reiki and Qi Gong)
- Kinesiology taping
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Pre- and post-surgical therapies to assist with recovery
I look forward to helping you.